Simple way to retrieve data from external hard drive
- June 4, 2013
- External Drive Recovery
- No Comments
The External Hard Drives are the most reliable and safe to store data, like system hard drives. These devices possesses high storage capacity. Most of the people prefer external HDD’s to carry and backup huge amount of data. The various advantages of the external hard drive are portability, efficiency, fast data access etc. However, every storage device at some point of time prone to errors and fails to store or retain data saved on it.
The most common factors that are responsible for loss of data on external hard drives are malwares / Trojans, logical errors, human mistakes etc. In some scenarios, external HD may also fails to safeguard data preserved on it, because of corruption or due to crash. Let us discuss a scenario where user stored lot of files on external drive. He plugged USB drive to desktop to access some files from it. Due to power loss whole thing goes wrong. Later he tried to open that, but he noticed onscreen error messages like “Drive is not accessible” or “Kernel :Disk0s2: I/O error” or “Request cannot complete due to I/O error”. So, external HDD becomes inaccessible and lost the data. In such case, don’t worry, you can restore external hard disk drive data immediately by using Mac Drive Recovery software. This software can also retrieve data from internal hard drives, flash memory cards, thumb drives etc. It can instantly regain all types of lost or deleted files from any storage devices.
Following are the common reasons for data loss from external hard drive:
- Accidental deletion: Unintentionally deleting some essential files from external hard on Mac system while removing unnecessary files, leads to permanent deletion of data.
- Sudden power surge: While accessing files from external drive, if your system turns off abruptly due to unexpected power loss then this leads to data loss.
- Improper ejection: If you dispatch external hard drive abnormally, while moving or transferring files to/from external hard drive to Mac computer, then you may end up with data loss.
- Formatting issues: Accidentally formatting partitions on external hard drive instead of formatting Mac Partitions leads to huge amount of data loss.
- External hard drive corruption: External HDD may get corrupt due to malware or virus infection, file system corruption, improper file system conversion, bad sectors formation and other errors
Key features of Mac Disk Recovery tool:
- It can retrieve data from external hard drive on Mac. Its in-built scanning algorithm helps to restore lost or deleted data within less number of steps. One can also recover data from corrupted hard drive and from HD having bad sectors.
- This tool also supports recovery of lost files from all removable storage devices such as smart media cards, secure digital cards, multi media cards, USB drives, FireWire Drives, iPods etc.
- It can also restore all types of important files like documents, photos, music, videos, application files, archived files, and many more.
- This software comes with definitive scanning engine to recover data deleted accidentally from Mac Volumes.
- This software provides consistent outcomes with all editions of the Mac OS such as Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion etc.
- By employing this tool you can also recover deleted Mac partitions. It can also retrieve missing files from HFS+, HFSX, FAT16 and FAT32 partitions. This application can recover lost or deleted data from IDE, SATA, SCSI, SAS hard disk drives also.
- Use genuine antivirus application to prevent malware or virus attack
- Always try to remove external drives by using “Eject” or “Safely Remove Hardware” option
- Check twice while deleting any files from external hard drives
- In order to prevent abnormal system shutdown, while transferring files to/from external drive, try to use UPS power supply.
For more clarification you can make use of demo version of this application. By using free demo edition one can examine the working procedure of the software. It can provide preview of the lost or deleted files from external hard drive. To save previewed files on your desired location you have to own paid version.