Recover Data from CF Card Not Recognized by Computer On Windows 10
- May 25, 2017
- Data Recovery
- No Comments
Hi, my CF card is not working on my digital camera. Digital camera says there is not memory card inserted. Later I connect the CF card to my computer which has Windows OS but the computer also can’t recognize it. Now, I want to know how I can repair the CF card not recognized by computer on Windows 10 and recover lost data from it.
If CF card becomes unrecognized by a computer, then don’t get panic. It gets unrecognized by computer due to various known or unknown reasons. However, long as the CF card is not physically damaged, you have a chance to recover lost data even if CF is not recognized by the computer. You can opt CF Card Recovery software to recover data from CF card not recognized by computer on Windows 10. This tool is a read-only tool which can recover various files such as music, documents, video, etc. from CF card of various brands such as Kingston, SanDisk, Transcend, Samsung, Sony, Lexar, etc. when it is corrupted or inaccessible.
Fix using Disk Management
Go to start menu
- Select Disk Management or click on Windows and R keys simultaneously and type diskmgmt.msc.
- Select Create and format hard disk partitions and click enter button then a list of drives will appear.
- Now identify CF card by its size.
If you are not able to identify the CF card after following above-mentioned then CF card might be corrupted or damaged.
Reasons behind the corruption of CF card:
- Using same CF card on multiple devices
- Interruption like ejecting of CF card abruptly while transferring files from CF card to system or vice-versa.
- Capturing photos or recording video when camera battery is low.
- Virus attack also leads to corruption of data on CF card.
When users of CF card experiences any of the above-mentioned cases then it means that CF gets corrupted and become unrecognizable. You cannot do anything in such case rather than format the CF card. But before you format, you can recover data from it with the help of CF Card Recovery software easily.
Steps to Recover Data from CF Card Not Recognized by Computer on Windows 10
Step1: Download and install CF Card Recovery software and run the software. Now, connect your CF card to a computer through a card reader or USB cable.
Step2: Choose the CF card so that the tool can scan it. You only need to wait for the scanning process to over.
Step3: You can view the files when the scanning is over. Then, you can select all the data that are lost from CF card and restore them.
Features of CF Card Recovery Software:
- This software is capable of recovering data from CF card as well as from various types of memory card such as SD, MMC, XD, SDXC, SDHC, etc. on all major versions of Windows OS.
- You can ensure recovered data from unrecognized CF card through Preview option provided in the demo version of the software.
- Save Recovery Session is available in demo version to avoid further rescanning of CF card.
- Using this software, you can also recover data from the various storage device such as external hard drive, internal hard drive, USB drive, FireWire drive, memory stick, etc.